This module includes resistance in ac circuits, inductive reactance and capacitive reactance as well as coverage of impedance and the impedance triangle. In addition the module is designed to provide the student with an overview of series and parallel RL, RC and RLC circuits. The module also introduces the student to power in ac circuits and effective resistance.
Upon completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Explain the difference between vectors and phasors.
- Describe the phase relationship between voltage and current in an AC circuit.
- Explain the effects of inductive reactance and capacitive reactance on an AC circuit.
- Define impedance.
- Utilize the voltage divider rule in AC calculations.
- Explain admittance and susceptance in AC circuits.
- Discuss power in AC circuits.